Saturday, January 22, 2011

Weekend Away



I'm off to Los Angeles for the weekend to celebrate my 25th birthday and visit my best girlfriend Meloudi. We met while working together at a cafe in downtown San Diego and we soon found that we were afflicted by the same fashion addiction, with a special weakness for shoes and handbags. I'm not quite sure what she has in store for the weekend but we always have a blast together and since she left San Diego last summer life hasn't been the same. The last few times I've visited we have explored LA; walked Melrose, shopped (we couldn't help ourselves) as well as caused general mischief. 

I am only going to be gone four days but somehow this was everything I couldn't leave without. Obviously I have difficulty packing. I like to lay everything out on my bed to strategize potential outfits because it helps me visualize a look from head to toe. As you can see in the first picture I brought a few pairs of shoes (heels boots and sandals), tons of tanks and jeans to mix and match, a few jackets for layering, and two handbag options. I've just really been into monochromatic look lately so I kept the palate relatively neutral and added pops of color, like a bright scarf or handbag. My favorite purchase of late is this American Apparel white mesh 3/4 sleeve shirt with little mesh roses all over it. I had been eye-ing it in the window on the mannequin for a few weeks and finally went in to try it on. They also had black and blush colored options but I chose the white because I think it shows off the adorable detailing better. I especially like the juxtaposition of the mesh roses and the studded belts. 

I'll post pictures of my outfit of choice soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment