Sunday, February 20, 2011

Trench Love








 The rainy weather brings me back to my childhood when life was rough and rain meant building and racing wax paper 'sailboats' and frolicking around in the puddles. Now that I'm (a little) older it's nice to experience some cooler weather in San Diego mostly because for me it means I can bring out the pieces I love that just don't get used as often. A tan or khaki colored trench is a necessary staple in any closet. Cooler weather means lots of layering and I love coming up with the perfect mixture of structured and slouchy, feminine and masculine, an outfit that is both put together and effortless. This one was comfortable and flirty and perfect for a long Saturday lunch with my bestie. 

**style tip: If you don't have a black skirt in the silhouette you are envisioning, try layering a shirt over an LBD (little black dress). It's an easy way to make a basic piece feel updated and current, plus you can save money and skip the hassle of trying on clothes. 

Burberry Trench
Banana Republic rose lace shirt
Lucky Brand black dress
H&M tights
A. Wang bag
Charles David boots
Ray Ban sunglasses
Dalliance Accessories necklace and cross/feather bracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment